The Fort along Jisperweg has natural surroundings of great value. The trees and bushes offer breeding spots for many birds. The grass on top of the front wall is kept short mainly by grazing sheep. The fort is surrounded by a beautiful nature reserve.
In 1885 the fort was completed as a defendable earthwork. It was not until 1914 that the fortress reached its final completion, though, when the construction of the shellproof building was finished. The Fort along Jisperweg was created to defend the access that was formed by the Jisperweg road.
The Fort along Jisperweg is not open to the public.